Prospective Parents Information Sessions
Ngaio School draws from over twenty different preschool centres. In order for parents to find out what our school has to offer we run targeted sessions to provide backgroundinformation re current school developments, educational trends and more specifically an outline of what the school day holds for children starting school for the first time.
'New Parent Information Sessions' typically cover:
- An outline of current school and educational developments from the Principal.
- A focus on literacy and numeracy for the early years from the Deputy Principal and / or a senior teacher.
- An explanation of the various school systems that are operating and how parents can be involved in school life.
- A visit from year 1 and/ or 2 children to share with parents what they are doing in learning to read and write.
- An opportunity for parents to ask questions within an open forum or individually if that is preferred.
- A tour of the year 1 and 2 classes and various other key places within school.
Parents are requested to assist school planning by providing the following information:
- Child’s name
- Current pre school
- Intention to enroll or not yet decided
- Parental contact details so they can be contacted re participating in the Link transition programme.
Flyers about the next information session are sent to our contributing preschool centres. From time to time pre-school staff as well as parents attend these sessions.